The links on the right are to the works in my own entirely subjective order of significance. Below is a chronological list of the same stuff. It’s fairly complete (I haven’t been hugely prolific over my lifetime), though there are plenty of other bits and bobs lurking in drawers.
If you are interested in performing any of these works, naturally I’d be delighted to hear from you!
Where you see this icon: there is a YouTube video available to see and hear (usually with a ‘score fly-through’), both on YouTube itself and on the work’s page on this site; this icon means there’s audio available from SoundCloud (those two tend to go together); and this one means there’s an MP3 to listen to on this site only. These audio tracks are all accessible from the Listen page too.
- String Quartet no.1 (1973)
- Sleep (1973/6)
- lovesongs (1974)
- Formative Years (1974)
- Five Pieces for Saxophone Quartet (1975)
- Variations on a Theme of George Harrison (1975)
- Music for an Imaginary Ballet (1976)
- Trumpet Concerto (1977/85)
- Double Entendre (1985)
- in heaven... (1985)
- Nights in Tunisia and Elsewhere (1985)
- Bebop (etc.) (1986)
- Invisible Cities (1987)
- Son of The Bebop Variations (1992)
- Short Change (1993)
- 60 Minims (1995)
- The Europeans (1995)
- Cog-Dance (1997)
- Music from the Heart of a Dog (1998)
- The Bossa Nova Variations (2008)
- Return of the Son of the Bebop Variations (2012)
- Hall of Mirrors (2016)
And finally, a couple of bits of silly stuff:
Please note that wherever you see scores on this site they will always be at concert pitch with the exception of instruments that transpose by octaves (piccolos, double basses, etc.).